Currently, there are so many computer mice to choose from, but how to find a shorter way to save your time on the road of choosing an appropriate mouse?
No matter you are a normal office worker or a pro gamer, using a fitting computer mouse is a key point of a comfortable experience. If you think about the time of using the computer mouse, you would find that the time of using the mouse usually over 8 hours a day. Some computer gamer like to play computer games after work, so the total time by over 14 hours a day. Therefore, we should choose our computer mouse carefully.
However, the performance of a computer gamer is also very important. Different game types need different using styles that could affect the winning rate which may impact your daily emotion. Even you are not a computer gamer, you also may wonder how to improve your paperwork efficiency by the accurate pointing through the daily office working time.
Here I had summarized several topics and aspects for choosing computer mouse:
Using Habit & Game Type
First, we could think about the question is that how many mice should we have. Do you need to work for a long time and using the mouse to edit lots of paperwork during daily life? Do you play a computer game during your leisure time? What is the difference between these using timing? What type of game do you like to play? For example, do you play FPS or RGB game as you game type?
Second, we often use a mouse to move a long distance to point and scratch what we want. When you change the way to move a shorter distance with high sliding speed and just move a litter with your wrist, it will save your energy through a long time using period.
- Office worker – There are many aspects of the office worker to focus on their computer mouse. They may care about the mouse style because it’s pretty nice to have fashion images that would decide a person’s temperament. Furthermore, some people with high empathy don’t want to bother their colleagues by using a mute mouse that would not make any sound during usage. For the technology evaluation, ergonomics mouse is another really good mouse type to choose from.
- RGB gamer – For example, Starcraft2 gamers usually need to change their focus image area between the arena and base area rapidly to control the economy and the fighting statement very well at the same time. If the fighting area is close to the base, it is good to use a mouse to scroll to the fighting area instead of using a keyboard accelerator key. During the longer game time, the difference of scrolling speed may affect the winning rate which is very important to a game feeling.
- FPS gamer – Games like FPS type, the players need the precise and accurate click & point to shoot the target, so they need to choose a usage type in the game. Using slower scrolling speed and reaching the higher accuracy performance during short, medium, and far distance shooting and targeting.
- Others – Some people do not really care about the functions and the comfortable experience during the long using period. The most important factor is the image or style of the mouse. Some mouse is really cute with different animals on it, or the mouse looks just like a cute animal or a creature.
Here are some gaming mice with functions and stability that we recommend:
Wired vs Wireless
When we consider the wireless, we would think about the endurance of the mouse. However, nowadays the endurance of the wireless mouse could over several months in normal mode and over 200+ hours in gaming mode. Because of this technology improves, we could think about other aspects such as the mobility and the wire impact during usage. However, the Bluetooth tech is sometimes not as stable as USB connection technology.
The other important aspect of the wireless is about the price will cost and the weight of the mouse. Wireless mouse usually has heavier weight due to the battery in the mouse, so the technology of a mouse weight controlling matters for the people who like to play computer games and do not want to be disturbed by the wireline of the mouse.
When we use a wireless mouse, it is very important to keep in mind where is the USB connector. It is very hard to handle the case of missing the USB connector. When you want to use the same wireless in the office and back home, you should remember to bring the USB connector along with you.
Weight & Size
Price is a very key factor in buying and choosing a computer mouse. We hope to have a lighter mouse when playing a computer game, but those mice which have lighter weight and better functions have a higher price. Based on these technology limits, you could find that the wired mouse no need to care about the battery endurance and the price of wire mouse is more affordable.
When the weight of the computer mouse becomes lower than 80g, it will become very comfortable and feel unlimited to control it during a game or working for some office project handling. Oppositely, the heavier mouse may have to use shorter scrolling distance and more precisely controlling feeling. Just like a heavier pen may have a stable writing statement in some timing. What type of computer mouse depends on the usage timing and individual using habit. It is also a good situation to have different weight computer mice in different conditions.
However, not just about the weight of a mouse that we could consider, you could bring the smaller mouse to work or play in a coffee shop or outside. In the meantime, you may change your using habit like holding the mouse under your palm and use the finger top over the top of the computer mouse. It is very convenient to bring a smaller mouse to put in your bag or package, especially small and wireless ones.
Here are the common parameters of a computer mouse you may be interested in:
- DPI(Dots Per Linear Inch) – DPI decides the scrolling and cursor moving speed. For the mouse which has over 1600 DPI functions would have more convenient conditions to switch for and use.
- IPS(Inches Per Second) – IPS decides the maximum moving distance detection ability. It is better to over 400 IPS for an FPS gamer who needs lower DPI and higher IPS to have a better and more accurate targeting performance.
- Return Frequency – Most computer mice have over 500Hz for the return frequency. While it is hard to find the difference between 1000Hz and 500Hz, it is pretty safe to use a gaming mouse with a return frequency of over 1000Hz.
The different aspects of choosing an appropriate computer mouse had been listed and discussed above the article, such as using habits, game type, weight, size, wired/wireless, and parameter. The most important items are the functions, feature, comfortability, and the style type of the outside and the inside as functionality. However, the price and the buying timing are very key and important, so it needs to spend much time before buying the appropriate computer mouse. Hope you can choose a computer mouse that fits you most. If you have any question, please let us know, really appreciate it!